Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lesbian Crushes and Bulimia: A Diary on How I Acquired my Eating Disorder



Lesbian Crushes and Bulimia: A Diary on How I Acquired my Eating Disorder by Natasha Holme

A diary account of living as a lesbian with an eating disorder, this true story is set in 1989.

19-year old Natasha, obsessively in love with her former school teacher Miss Williams, struggles with her infatuations with women. Having sex with boys, she earns the condemnation of gay and straight worlds. Feeling too fat to deserve romantic involvement with another female, Natasha stops eating.

A coming out story and a love story, this book describes in detail Natasha's clumsy attempts at heterosexuality, the obsessive clinging to unrequited love, her embracing of sexual harassment, and her dysfunctional relationship with body image and food.

This book was published by the author.  Add your review of "Lesbian Crushes and Bulimia: A Diary on How I Acquired my Eating Disorder" in comments!

No comments: